Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marriage Longings and God's Fulfillments

This is another excerpt from Lady In Waiting by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones. I found this very neat and worth studying, I pray that it helps you too. The chart is by Beverly Seward Brandon.

Why do I want to get Married/Have a boyfriend?

How can God meet those needs in my life?

I want to be loved.

“…I have loved you with an everlasting love…” Jeremiah 31:3

I want someone to adore me.

The King has brought me into his chambers to adore me. My lover is outstanding among 10,000 (Song of songs 1:4, 5:10)

I want someone to hold my hand.

“…I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

I want to be accepted and valued

I am accepted in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:6)

I want a “place,” a nesting place that is my own to create and use.

We can rest in the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91:1)

I want help in my days of trouble.

“Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you…” (Psalm 50:15)

I want to share my life—the joys and the struggles—with one person (intimacy.)

God will share with me the treasures of darkness and hidden riches (Isaiah 45:3)

I want a champion of my causes—one who is willing to fight for me.

“The Lord will fight for you…” (Exodus 14:14)

I want someone to meet my needs.

God is meeting all my needs (Philippians 4:19)

I want intimacy

The Lord is intimate with the upright (Psalm 140:13)

I want someone to help me in my life

There is no one like God who rides the heavens to help you (Deuteronomy 33:26)

I want to walk through life sustained and carried. I don’t want the whole load of life.

Even to my old age, God will sustain me, carry me, and recue me. (Isaiah 46:4)

I want a companion for this life.

God invites us to humbly walk with Him (Micah 6:8)

I desire children.

God gives us spiritual children like the numberless grains of sand if we invest in lives. (Isaiah 48:19)

The point of this chart is to show us something I have often posted about before, No man will EVER fully satisfy you, only God can. I would like to encourage you to go through this chart and look up the scriptures that line up with your desires for a man. Pray the scriptures back to God and commit to trust God to fill you up. Just like the post from a few days ago, God will not give you your man of God until you are fully and completely satisfied with God alone.

If you want to go a step further, I encourage you to do your own study and make your own chart. Make a list of why you want a boyfriend or husband, list all the ridiculous reasons--then pray over the list and ask God to show you how he can meet these needs. Ask an older mentor or a sunday school teacher if they know of any verses that coincide with these needs. Search the bible yourself and see what you can find, or of course you can always ask Google too.

My point today is that you would seek God for your every need, not a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...