Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You ARE good enough.

Something I see lots of people (especially girls) struggling with, is self-worth and feeling good enough for other people and for God. Even in my cockiest days as a wordly teenager, deep down I knew I depended on everyone else’s opinion of me, and I ran to things they said would make me cool in order to be deemed worthy in their eyes. Then God showed me true freedom. True freedom came when I realized the only thing that matters is God’s opinion, and the only person I have to impress is him. Furthermore, I don’t even have to impress him, because he has already loved me enough to sacrifice is son for me and give me a free gift of reconciliation if only I will reach up and take his hand. How beautiful.

This situation still makes me feel unworthy, but it’s a different kind of unworthiness, this kind springs up out of humility and ultimately results in my desire to worship God all the more. Isaiah 43:1 says, “ But now, this is what the LORD says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: ‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.‘“ How beautiful it is to know the God of the universe, who creates all living things; who knows every star by name, who rules over all peoples in all nations in all worlds—THIS God, is the one who still cares enough to know every hair on your head (Matthew 10:30-31), every thought in your mind (Psalm 94:11), and every care in your heart (1 Peter 5:7.) When you feel like there is no one to talk to, and no guys like you, and your friends suck, remember that THAT God who rules over everything, is right there beside you, waiting for you to grab his hand and walk next to him.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world (that means YOU personally, every single individual on this Earth) that he gave his only begotten son, (he gave up his only son for you) so that whosoever believeth in him (even you,) shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Here are some verses about being worthy in God’s eyes:

  • Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit.”
  • Psalm 139 (entire chapter)
  • Psalm 45:11 “The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.”
  • Psalm 45 (entire chapter)-God thinks you’re a princess J
  • Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”—he promises to be right there for you whenever you need him.
  • Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”


Also, here is a video beautifully affirming what I just explained:

Isaiah 41:13 (MSG)

That's right. Because I, your God,
have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go.
I'm telling you, 'Don't panic.
I'm right here to help you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...