Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lacey's Post

Let God Write Your Love Story

Hi, my name is Lacey Oxford, and I want to share with you some important aspects of dating that God has laid on my heart to tell teenage girls as they date and prepare for marriage.

As a teenager myself, I never really dated because I was too busy with sports and other things. I had some boyfriends in High School, but nothing ever too serious. As I began college and started longing for a relationship, I began to get really impatient. It seemed as if all the good guys were taken. However, if you don’t get anything else out of this blog, my best advice to remember is that “Love is patient!” (1 Cor. 13)

I was in Salt Cellar one day and came across a book called When God Writes Your Love Story. It was the perfect guide that I used to RE-prioritize my life, be patient, and trust in God’s greater plan for not only my dating life, but life in general. I believe there are 5 very important key issues that the book mentioned and I would like to share them with you.

1. Heart Matters- First, ask yourself where is your heart at. You have to have your heart right with God FIRST, before you can give your heart away to another guy. It is crucial that God be at the center of your life, your partner’s life, and your lives together.

· “Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken
.”

Ecclesiastes 4:12

  1. Who’s the Captain of your Love Boat?- If you want a God-written love story you must lay a foundation for it. You cannot base your love life on the sands of foolishness and pride that will eventually be washed away, but you must let God be your solid foundation. Let Him be your rock, your anchor, and the captain of your love boat, because His plan is PERFECT!
    • For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
  2. Give God the Pen- This point is pretty self explanatory. If you want to see amazing results, give God the pen, and let HIM write your love story! We can try to plan our own way of life, and try to make things happen in our own timing, but God has the ultimate decision. His plan will unfold in His timing, we just have to be patient. It will always result in a happy ending, when you trust HIM with your love life!
    • “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.” Proverbs 16:9
  1. Hold Out For Higher Standards- Once again, we see that patience is key. Holding out for higher standards is what I struggled with daily. I was ready to settle for less, just because I was desperate. But God had a greater plan for me. He convicted me to make a list of everything I wanted in a guy (be logical here), and to never settle until I found someone that met EVERY requirement. I would encourage each of you to do the same. It really helped me to remain patient, and know that if a guy did not meet every single standard I had written down, then it was not meant to be. Sometimes we just have to stop trying to work everything together for ourselves, and BE STILL and let God work!

· “Be still, and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10

  1. A Forever Kind of Love- After getting your heart right with God first, letting Him be the captain of your love boat, giving Him the pen, and holding out for his higher plan, you will begin to see results and will be prepared for a forever kind of love. However, you must realize that this forever kind of love is not going to develop over night. Relationships take A LOT of prayer, even before you even meet “Mr. Right.” I would encourage you to start praying now for your future Christian relationship, and LISTEN to God as He reveals His plan for your dating life.

· “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving” Colossians 4:2

It’s never too late to start fresh, and begin letting God write your love story! I pray that you would let God create in you a pure heart, and transform you into the young, Godly women He wants you to be. Never give up or get discouraged. Place your hope, faith, and trust in God, and if He is writing your love story, it will be BETTER THAN A FAIRY TALE!!

Thank you for letting me share with you. I hope you enjoyed it. I am always here if anyone needs a prayer warrior or anything else at all. May God Bless Ya! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...