Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Distracted from Love

I wonder if I am the only one that this happens to...

Every time I get going good, really focusing on God, it seems as though 3 or 4 boys will pop up out of nowhere and begin to show interest in me. These aren’t usually guys I would consider dating, much less marrying—but nevertheless they pop up and become brief little distractions in my life.

I don’t think this is by coincidence at all. You see, Satan is smart; and he knows very well what woman was cursed with in the garden of Eden. Genesis 3:16 says, “And your desire will be for your husband…” If you have never studied the curse of woman after the fall, you really ought to look into it—it captures the struggle of our entire womanhood.

Women werecursed with a deep, longing desire for a husband; someone to love andpursue them, someone to tell them they’re beautiful and worth fighting for, someone to hold them tight and protect them when scary things happen—it’s the nature of a woman!

Because of that curse, from birth till death we see women constantly seeking the affection and attention of a man. For little girls, it’s daddy. For teenagers it’s any boy whom shows interest; twenty-somethings want someone to put a ring on it; and the married women always want more out of their husbands.

This curse is obviously warped by the devil and often used as a big distraction from God. Countless times I have seen awesome Christian girls who let this desire take over them…they settle to date these horrible men who not only aren’t leading, but they fall severely short of treating these women like the beautiful princesses in Christ that they are.

In a book by Paul David Tripp he says,

“It is not wrong to desire the tender attention of your husband. It is wrong to be so ruled by it that your days are filled with bitterness because of its absence and your nights are filled with manipulative attempts to get it.”

Even Jesus struggled with accepting God’s desire over his own. Luke 22:42 But because we call him Lord, Lord—we know in the gut of our desires that our wonderful father has a much bigger and better plan for us in all of this, if only we will wait and trust him.

1 Peter 5:7
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

Don’t let the devil use your desire for a husband against you today. Remind yourself that you worship the one true GOD, not the feeling of love. 1 John 4:16, God IS love. Get some.

4 comments:

  1. Haley- You are an awesome young woman.

    I am 44 years old and your blog site is ministering to me. I have 2 divorces behind me and a string of failed relationship before, between and after.

    Keep doing what God has called you to do. Your site will catch on. I love how you say exactly what is on the mind of young and older women and back up everything with scripture. I am going to share your site on my Facebook page.

    May God continue to bestow wisdom upon you Haley. The Bible says in Isiah 11:6 (NLT) In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will lie down with the baby goat. The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion, and a little child will lead them all.

    The youth are the torch bearers for the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley -
    I posted your site to my Facebook. All us moms with daughter at the dating age should share your site with them. I know I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haley,

    good blog. The public should write more about these fundamental values rather than letting external seductions determine their behaviours.

    I have this problem too... whenever my opportunity in life comes along...satan sends women to distract me.

    Satan really knows everyone's achilles heels and exploit it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very true! Satan knows how to get us, but fortunately we have a God who is greater than all of that huh? :) Gotta love big pappa!

    Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...