Monday, December 2, 2013

The Beauty in Blooming


This picture came straight from my journal a couple days ago.  It was great quiet time with my favorite (and only) Creator.  I was spilling my heart out to God about being "happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time."  I told him my hopes and fears and how desparately I wanted to get this crucial time in my life right.  

I thanked him and blessed him for all the opportunities presented to me.  I told him how fortunate I was to be graduating, and to be so well supported by loving friends and family.  I thanked him for his grace and mercy and his never-ending promise to provide and plan for me.  :)

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my all time favorite verses.  We read over this together and peace was restored to my soul.
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord,
'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."

We should take such comfort in knowing that we don't have to have everything figured out and we definitely don't have to do anything but trust God to navigate us on our journey.

22 is scary.  It is a time of transition, and in between place.  We are arriving, but not there.  We are moving but not settled.  Happy but not content.

Hope Kronman puts it extremely well in her 22ish article in the Huffington Post.  

"This, I've realized, is because 22 is the age of in-betweens -- in between adolescence and adulthood, in between relationships, in between this job and that career -- and it's nearly impossible to know who you are when you are still "becoming."

I think the most important thing we can do is keep our focus on God and let him do the rest.  Matthew 22:37-38 says, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment."

Also Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well."

That right there sums up what it's all about.  

I know it's tough.  I know you're striving and searching..but keep your eyes on my daughter, I have you in the palm of my hand, steady and stable.  Trust me to shape you and place you where I see best for us.  You are a beautiful bloom, but you aren't ready to blossom yet.  During this season you must trust me to take care of you and nurture you--feeding you all the sweet loves of healing and the Holy Spirit.  Don't force your bloom.  I have the water of life and I promise to care for you daily, letting you grow and become your best; and your best is more than enough for me.  I love you just as you are, with or without all the trimmings.  You are my child and I have created you for such a time as this...   --Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...