Thursday, September 1, 2011

Top 10 Lies Singles Belive


A while back I read a book by Stephanie Herzog, “God is your Matchmaker.”  The first time I read it I thought it was way too extreme for my taste.  I read the entire thing, but until now have not recommended it to anyone. 

However, a week ago I came across the book again and couldn’t remember for the life of me why I disagreed with it so much.  I quickly flipped through it and found page after page of awesome stuff I totally agreed with!  So why didn’t I like the book 3 years ago?  No idea. Perhaps my mind was so underdeveloped it scared me.  Anyhow, I’m recommending it to you now, and taking a piece out of it for this blog.

In the book Stephanie gives her list of the top 5 lies singles believe, and  I’m adding in the last 5 just to make it a nice round 10. In the book Stephanie goes into explanation for each one, but for time’s sake I am going to give you the headlines and I’ll let you all comment with your questions and concerns. By the way, I am trying out a new commenting system for the blog through Facebook, if it doesn’t work just use the old way of doing things.  Thanks, and enjoy. J

Top 10 lies singles believe:
  1. Marriage is the key to happiness.
  2. I’m 25 years old and still single—something’s wrong with me
  3. Single means incomplete
  4. Single means alone
  5. God has many for me to choose from to marry
  6. Guys don’t pursue me.  I should pursue them.
  7. He isn’t texting me, I guess I’m not good enough for him either…
  8. Everyone else has a boyfriend!
  9. God is punishing me
  10. Maybe I should dress like the girls who actually get attention from guys.

Comment your feelings below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...