Monday, May 16, 2011

"Can this man pastor me?"

First of all let me apologize for not posting in a week, I have had an insane week between finals, moving around, and starting a new class. Blogger was also down for a day or two in there somewhere. Anyhow, my life is returning back to normal a little bit and so I am back! God's been teaching me so much this past week too! I have lots to share with you all :)

One of the first things that sticks out in my mind, comes from a video my friend and I watched the other day. I will post the whole video on here because I highly recommend watching it, however if you cannot spare 11 minutes you can watch from 6:30-7:45 and know what I am talking about.



Anyhow, the part that God keeps bringing up in my mind though is the part where the speaker recommends women to ask themselves before anything else, "Can this man PASTOR me?" Pastor Bryant makes this point because he realizes this is the most important thing to look for in a husband. He clearly explains that Adam not stepping up is the downfall of man. That is how Adam fell from perfection. I know I have talked about this a little bit on here before, but you can also expect more to come on this topic.

Most girls say that want a "Christian man" to marry, but they do not realize that it is so, so much more than that. Wives who are spiritually stronger than their husbands are often miserable. It's not the way we were meant to be. Men were created to lead us towards God (1 Corinthians 11:3.) They are our protectors, prayer warriors, and spiritual leaders. Ladies, please hold out for a man who can lead.

Start praying now for a husband with initiative, wisdom, and discernment. Pray for a man who is wise enough to follow the will of God and who has enough initiative to seek not only you, but GOD with all of his heart and soul. A man of God is a pursuer. He seeks God on a daily basis, looking, listening, and striving towards the ultimate goal of heaven (Philippians 3:14.) Therefore, a godly man is going to have the natural characteristic of pursuing you.

Do NOT throw yourself at any guy. Do not manipulate, text, interrogate, or anything else in order to make him want you. God already has your husband picked out, and when this man reaches the state of leading you spiritually, he will undoubtedly pursue after you like he has God. Wait for it sister, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...