Sunday, February 20, 2011

More on Searching

I just realized that my past few posts have been about searching (Sooner Secrets, Jamie's Post entitled "Stop Searching," and the post I am about to make.)
You should know that I did not plan this out, and I don't believe it is coincidence that it keeps popping up. I think God has laid this subject on my heart for a reason. So listen up, this could be God's way of trying to tell you something. :)
Last night my friends and I went out dancing! I LOVE to dance, so I always have fun. :) Although, it is important
that you know me nor my friends drink, smoke, aim to go
home with a guy, or even let guys dance with us. We go to have fun and to dance with each other (but not ON each other.) We usually cause an uproar for being sober, because most people can't understand the concept of having fun while sober.

Anyhow, so towards the very end of the night I sat down for a couple songs and just watched everyone else. While I was observing these people in this dark, smoky, hormone-enraged young people area, I heard God speak very clearly to me about something.
We are all looking for something. Searching. Wanting. Striving.


"How does that become clear at a nightclub?"
Well, for one thing I am always amazed at the girls. Girls show up to clubs wearing little more than a tank top and shunderwear, and as if that didn't cause enough attention, they also bend over and dance provocatively with each other in front of guys to get there attention. THEN when guys come up behind them they go all out poppin and grindin and giratin' tryin to keep this guys attention, not even understanding what is going through the guys head.

As I watch the girls I know what it's like to want attention that badly. I understand wanting a
guy, but being that desperate is NOT okay. Do you realize that grinding on a guy like that causes his thoughts to go wild and yes he usually becomes sexually stimulated, and girls (usually without knowing) continue on from there, causing the guy to "ejaculate" in his pants. (I'm trying my hardest to keep it pg-13, but true.) Seriously, it is sad to know that girls are that desperate for guys attention. That is one step above prostitution. You're letting the guy use you for what he wants, and the only thing you get in return is some bad looks from girls across the room and satisfaction from watching this guy's friends drool.

I also think it's crazy how people get all dressed up, pay to get into these places, and yet they still cant dance or have fun until they have at least a few drinks in them.

And the guys stand around like vultures, waiting for the girls to get a little tipsy so they will bend over and give them a show. If their lucky they might even get to take her home for the night!

The point of this isn't to point out people's sins or cut them down. My point in describing all this is that we are all searching for something more. We must be wanting more out of life or we wouldn't go through so much trouble just to get some temporary satisfaction, a.k.a booty in this case. And it doesn't always come in this form. Some people get overly-wrapped up in hobbies, Facebook, drama, etc. For most girls though I see it being boys. Girls are always looking for Mr. Right, or Mr. Right Now. They want that attention, even if it ha
s to be negative sometimes. The thing is, none of this stuff fulfills you..

"SO WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR??"
Obviously we all have a hole in us we are trying to fill. The world says keep that sucker filled with sex, alcohol, and whatever else you wanna do. I know +20 billion people out there who can tell you they've tried this formula and the truth is it doesn't work. I can even attest to that.

"So how do we fill this gut-wrenching ache at the bottom of our soul that just keeps coming back?"
God. You may have never heard that before, or you may
have heard it so many times you are disgusted. Either way, hear me out. God, the one who created you--wants to have an open and intimate relationship with you. He wants to fill your life to the point of overflowing (Ephesians 3:19.) He wants to give you a life so exciting and meaningful that you don't have to search anymore, (John 10:10) A life free of living under others judgment. A life free of guilt, anger and sin.

"So why doesn't he just give me that?!"
  1. God is a perfect gentlemen. He doesn't force himself on anyone. He has offered you the gift, now it is your choice as to accept it or not. (Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13, Romans 10:9-10) We were given the gift of free will. We get to choose whether we want to walk with God or not.
  2. We have to seek him. Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

"But I've heard people try it and their lives still suck."
  1. It is not a half-hearted deal, this is a commitment. If you want to see God drastically change your life you have to surrender yours to him. (Luke 9:23, Matthew 22:37) Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
  2. You have to believe...at least a little bit. Psalm 9:10, Psalm 37:3-6
  3. You have to obey him. If you don't do what he asks it shows God that you don't trust him or value his instruction. Job 36:11-12, James 1:22, 2 John 1:6
  4. Don't give up. It will undoubtedly be hard. In fact, you are promised persecution: John 15:18-20, 2 Corinthians 4:8-11, 2 Timothy 3:12. But hold on, because if you do you will be blessed, both here on earth and eternally. You will see the fulfillment and true satisfaction that comes from knowing and walking with God. (Hebrews 3:14, Philippians 3:14, Philippians 4:1, Philippians 4:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...