Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flesh vs. Spirit!!

Good vs. Evil

I'm into videos this week for some reason lol but here is a GREAT song my friend showed me. You will really like it if you like country music! But get passed the beat and you will see that the lyrics are talking about spiritual warfare. Doing what you want to do vs. doing what God wants you to do.


Ephesians 6:12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."


Gal 5:24 "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires."


And Paul puts it the BEST in Romans 8:15-20

"For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.



Can you identify with the spiritual struggle? It's all around us. We know what is right but are tempted by the devil and fall into sin. We have to learn to stand up against this and pray it off! Quote scripture, run, pray, whatever you have to do to defeat the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...