Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Valentine's Gift from God :)

My heart was overjoyed yesterday because I received a belated Valentine's present from God! :)

I attend a bible study with a few girls at the dorms on Tuesday nights and we are going through the book of Philippians, one chapter at a time. Last night we studied chapter 2. When discussing what we verse we would meditate on this week, 2 specific verses stood out to me. Verses 14 and 15. This passage promises if we stop complaining and arguing, God will make us pure so we can shine like stars in the universe. :) Just reading it makes me smile! I mean the stars are BEAUTIFUL, and to be able to shine like that..um, wow. That just makes me feel so pretty and special! It should make you feel that way too! But the catch is, in order to shine we must quit complaining and arguing. Ouch. That's the tough part! I have been doing my share of complaining this week over Spanish homework and other things, I guess this was God's sweet way of convicting me.

So I then prayed this back to God and promised to try my hardest this week not to complain, so I can shine like a star! :D After we finished I was walking home thinking about the wonderful passage God had given me, when I realized it was February 15, the day after Valentine's Day. Then I noticed the reference to my verses was 2:14-14 like 2/14 and 2/15 the dates...get it? 2/14 is Valentine's Day! God totally put that together to show me his love for me :) And to top it all off I got to stare at the stars the whole way home and admire their beauty.

So if you hear me complain this week, please confront me. And also consider if this is your Valentine too, or if God might have something different for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...