Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stop Searching...

Hi ladies!

My name is Jamie and I am blessed to call miss Haley Hoover my friend. We were talking the other day over lunch and she told me about how she had created this blog to encourage girls to really seek out the Lord’s heart especially in the areas of dating and boys. It excited me SO much to hear her say this because, much like Haley, I have a heart for this topic.

I personally have struggled a lot with the whole dating and guys section of my life. I have never been the girl that gets all the guys. I am actually quite the opposite. However I am the girl that is always the “girl friend” but never the “girlfriend”. I often get the phrase “Jamie you’re a really great girl…but I only see you as a friend.” I have consistently struggled with the lies that many girls struggle with… “I am not pretty enough, smart enough, well spoken enough…” Basically for the last several years I have bought into Satan’s lies that I am not good enough for a guy.

Over Christmas break I had a call from a friend basically saying that he really cared about me as a person but, you guessed it, he really just liked me as a friend. This was the last straw! I was sitting in my bathroom and realized that even though I had liked him it didn’t even hurt to hear him say he didn’t have feelings for me. I realized that the whole time that I had been falling for him I had, in my heart of hearts, been expecting to be rejected. I came to this realization that I had been so hurt as a woman that I didn’t even expect guys to really ever like me. I believe NO girl should ever feel this way.

I came back to school with the realization of my damaged heart. I went to my small group for my church and we were worshipping and the Lord spoke to me. He showed me that I was very much like Gomer from the book of Hosea. If you are not familiar with the book of Hosea it is a parody of the Lord’s love for Israel. In the story the Lord calls a man, Hosea, to marry a prostitute, Gomer and Gomer continuously rebels against her husband’s love never really accepting it as enough. Though I was and am not a prostitute like Gomer and never really acted on my emotions of giving my heart out, I did give my heart out too easily. The Lord opened my eyes to the fact that if I gave my heart to him and accepted His love as enough my relationship with Him would be deeper. If I gave my heart to the Lord as easily as I give it to a guy that shows me attention my relationship with him would be much more intimate then it was.


The reason I named this blog “stop searching” is because about a week after my revelation the Lord laid on my heart a simple phrase that I believe every girl needs to hear. He simply said
“Stop searching for your prince charming, you have already found him… His name is Jesus!” The Lord knows your heart. He created you to be you and He LOVES YOU! Jesus wants, He desires, to heal the broken hearts and to tend to your specific needs. He knows how to love you. He desires to love you! Jesus, the savior of the world, desires to LOVE YOU! I don’t know about you but that blows my mind. Jesus wants to love the parts of you that you don’t even know need to be loved. So I want to challenge you to accept it, just receive it! Take a minute and just pray. Let the Lord show you how much he loves you! He desires to

be the one that holds your hand, the one that hugs you, the one that you go to when you need love. The Lord desires to court you like the princess you are!!! I know sometimes it is crazy to grasp and to really feel the Lord’s love in our daily lives. I promise that if you believe and accept his love he will satisfy your soul!

I just want to challenge you to be purposeful about pursuing the Lord above any guy. I challenge you to stop worrying about what that guy that you have your eye on thinks of you. I challenge you to ask the Lord how he sees you and to think of yourself that way!


Thanks girls for reading I pray that the Lord takes you on a crazy adventure!

PSALMS 45:11,

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Matthew 6:34 (New International Version)

    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...