Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dream Language: What the book is all about

James W. and Michal Ann Goll have a long history of studying and interpreting God’s secret  language of dreams with mankind.  Co-founders of Encounters Network, Michal and James teamed together to write an insightful book called Dream Language.  


As described in his book, James spent his entire life receiving and interpreting dreams from the Lord.  Michal Ann joined him on this journey in young adulthood, when they were married. The two of them were members of the Harvest International Ministries Apostolic Team, until 2008 when Michal Ann went on to be with the Lord.

The stories and understanding of Michal Ann and Jim naturally give them authority to write such a book as, Dream Language.  The book covers three fundamental ideas for receiving and understanding the dream language.  First, they lay out the framework for this idea: where do dreams come from, how is it biblical, how does it apply to us now.  These are all questions that the first part of the book explores through scripture, experience, and wisdom.  

Part two is entitled, “Learning the Vocabulary.”  In this section of the book readers learn about the diversity of dreams, the interpretation of dreams, and how to better understand these dreams.  Personally, this was my favorite section.

Finally, the reader will learn how to walk in wisdom with the gift of dreams.  Through this part we hear from Michal Ann’s personal dream journey, and are again reminded of the importance to write our dreams down immediately after awakening.  The Golls offer thousands of other insights and ideas throughout the book, each grounded deeply in biblical doctrine.

One thing I would have liked to see done differently, is more expansion on the dream categories themselves.  I wonder, “How do I categorize my dreams, and how do I determine the level of the dream itself?”  I love the organization Goll has laid out, but I would like to know how to utilize it more.  

Of course, the third part of the book really emphasizes turning to God for interpretation, and using the spirit as our main guide, I would just like to have seen the book expand in these areas more.

Overall, I found the book to be deeply spiritual and eye-opening to the encounters and words of God himself.  I told God this morning that I was still processing all the information I have received from that book. I feel like the aftermath of Dream Language will be more like a journey, and less like another book nestled on the shelf.



I recommend this book to anyone looking for a deeper level of intimacy with the Lord. The reading level is appropriate for all levels, and the content can help strengthen any one's faith.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...