Saturday, October 1, 2011

Guest Post: Faith, Fun, and Fitness


Through the wonders of the web I have came across a wonderful blog about faith, fun, and fitness.  The writer of this blog is an awesome woman and she agreed to write a guest post for Divine Dating!  Hope you enjoy!

Begin Guest Blog:


--------------------------------------------------


What do you think of when you think of health? Is it being a runner? Being a vegetarian? Doing lots of yoga? Never eating anything processed? Spending lots of time in the gym working on your fitness? Spending lots of time in the kitchen whipping up some nutritious meals? What is “health” to you?
In my opinion, it is so much more than eating right and being active. I find that true health involves 3 basic components. Faith, Fitness, and Fun are the three ideals I try to live by and incorporate into my life for what I consider true health.
FAITH Many people don’t think of faith as a key component of fitness. But I can tell you that I have gone the gamut from a binger to competing in fitness competitions.
clip_image003
And you know when I feel healthiest? It is only when I am most in tune with my faith. I do not believe in getting preachy. My point here is there is something so much more to life than counting calories and logging running hours. If we can tap into that and get connected to something on a larger level, our perspectives on how we relate to ourselves and others will change. And for the better.
When I consider what God has done for me, I want to honor my body. I want to treat it with respect. I want to listen to my needs, hunger cues, strengths, and weaknesses.By desiring to honor myself as part of something of creation, I am more inclined to follow through with healthful actions. Also, nothing can compare to the peace and joy a life of faith in something brings. And we all know that stress is harmful to health, so finding joy in faith can only be good. Winking smile
FITNESS This is where I could go on for years. Well, I could go on for years in any topic, but we won’t go there. This is the part about workouts and nutrition. My basic philosophy here is to do what works for you. Do what you love. Choose wholesome foods as often as possible, but don’t feel guilty for eating some Oreo Truffles either. If you like a vegetarian diet, go for it. If you like meat, go for it. Make choices that leave you feeling good and you will reach a natural level of health.
IMGP9916
Health feels good and I believe your choices will eventually go the nutritious route naturally. I firmly believe in intuitive eating and loving exercise. If I had my way, there would be no focus on the scale, clothing size, or comparison to others. It would always be about taking each day to strive to be your best and approaching life with balance and moderation. So, make the best decisions that work for YOU and be confident in them.
FUN Take time to live life! The relationships and opportunities we have should be cherished and enjoyed. No one reaches their death bed and thinks “if only I had weighed 10 lbs lighter, had flatter abs, and a tighter butt”. People doreach their death beds with regrets related to missed opportunities and failed relationships. Don’t be one of them. Mental and emotional health is just as, if not more, important than physical health. Live life to the fullest and have fun!
jump for joy


For a link to Ana's blog: Faith, Fitness, Fun 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...